WHAT IS LASER THERAPY?
• A surgery-free, drug-free, non-invasive treatment to reduce pain, reduce inflammation and speed up healing. The Class IV deep tissue therapy uses a beam of laser light to deeply penetrate tissue without damaging it.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• First, NO anesthesia is required for your pet
• Laser Therapy involves passing a laser beam across your pet’s skin, directly above the area where your pet has some discomfort.
• To your pet it feels like some warmth is being dispensed to the exact spot where the tissue needs help.
• The beam of laser light continues to be passed over the area for usually 3-8 minutes (the length of time depends on the size of the pet and the size of the treatment area).
• During this time your pet feels entirely comfortable!
• This invisible light beam is putting laser energy into the cells and causing the cells to reproduce faster, encouraging more rapid healing.
• Laser therapy significantly reduces the pain at the site.
• Laser therapy also dilates the vessels at the site, increasing blood flow to the area and reducing swelling.
Laser Therapy can be used for a number of conditions such as:
• Treating post-surgical pain & healing
• Allergy Symptoms
• Strains & Sprains
• Degenerative Joint Disease
• Periodontal Disease
• Lick Granulomas