Equine Health Certificates and Export Papers

Discuss travel well in advance of your horse’s departure so we can prepare the relevant paperwork.

Preparing the relevant health certificates and export papers is an essential part of travelling outside the country with your horse. Since requirements differ from country to country, it is important to start the process well in advance of your horse’s departure. To discuss travel timeliness and specific requirements, please contact us at 403-335-3519

What are the requirements for travelling to the US? 

In advance of your horse’s departure, the US requires a negative Coggins test within the last 180 days as well as a complete physical exam by our Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) certified veterinarians within 30 days. We will also provide the relevant documentation that accompanies the test results. By booking your horse’s appointment early, you are ensuring they will have the paperwork needed to cross the United States border with ease. 

Return to Equine Services