Rabbits are great companion animals, sometimes living up to 12-years-old. Our veterinary team wants to help your rabbit enjoy as many birthdays with you as possible, which includes looking after their overall health. We can provide recommendations for ways to take care of your rabbit’s needs. If you have questions about how you can prioritize your pet’s health, please connect with us at 403-335-3519.
What type of care can you provide my rabbit?
We offer a few services for rabbits, including general checkups, nail trimming as well as spay and neutering. We’re committed to ensuring your pet’s overall health and wellbeing are taken care of. We recommend annual veterinary exams so we’re up-to-date with their health and can make adjustments accordingly. If your rabbit requires specialized care for an infection or serious health issue, we’re happy to refer them to a clinic that works extensively with exotic animals.
How can I support my rabbit’s overall health?
Rabbits, like other furry friends, require their owners to dedicate time and effort to ensuring all their needs are properly met. This includes:
- Ensuring the majority of your pet’s food is hay (this helps promote a healthy digestive system)
- Incorporating darker greens in their diet, including broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots etc. (this helps promote a healthy bladder, kidney and intestines)
- Proving healthy treats like blueberries, raspberries, apples, mangos etc. in small portions
- Avoiding feeding them foods like chocolate, corn, nuts and seeds which could be harmful to their health
- Providing them with lots of room to move around, especially in their cage
- Dedicating time to interacting and playing with them – they are social butterflies!